Success with Internships in Germany 2023: Eric Modica

As the EUROBIZ program grows, we are featuring short portraits of EUROBIZ students who are currently in Germany and have successfully secured their internships for the second half of their stay. Our third portrait presents Eric Modica who is working for Mercedes-Benz. Here’s what he reports back:

Hello everyone, my name is Eric Modica. I am a EuroBiz student at UCONN. I study Accounting along with German, and I am currently living in Tübingen. For my internship, I was able to obtain employment in Stuttgart with Mercedes-Benz Group AG as a marketing intern. Officially, the project is called “Retail of the Future”. My position there is basically geared towards assisting in the rollout of a new sales model, known as Model D, in our overseas markets. We are a very international team that works with markets all over the world. Some examples are Mexico, Turkey, Thailand, and more. I will be working until mid-August, and I am quite excited to learn more about business practices here in Germany.